LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find Traditional-DAQ vis in my 7.1 app?

I have inherited an application that was started in 6x then converted to 7.1.  It has a bunch of DAQmx vis, but it also has two that I think are (Traditional) DAQ vis:  "DIO port config" and "DIO port write". I have two questions:

1. Can anyone tell me if they are trad-DAQ or DAQmx vis?
2. Is there an easy way to search the application for other trad-DAQ vis?  (The DAQmx ones are easy to spot because of the names.)
3. If the previous question has a simple answer that depends on vi names, is there another way to find trad-DAQs? I'm a little concerned that the previous programmer modified a trad-DAQ and renamed it...

Thanks for any help.
Margaret
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,212 Views)
Margaret,

Using the View Hierarchy window will allow you to see all the VIs in your program. Once you have the names, you can use Find from within the VI to locate the subVIs.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,200 Views)
They are both traditional.  I don't think that there is an easy way ensure that all VIs are one type or the other.  Since you can rename VIs and modify the icons there is nothing stopping you from making DAQmx code appear to be traditional or visa-versa.  Try looking at the VI hierarchy from the browse menu to give you an overall idea of where and traditional DAQ modules might be hiding.  If the icons haven't been changed you should be able to find them visually.
LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,196 Views)
Re: finding them by name ---- I don't know the names of the trad-DAQ vis so I can't look for them by name.
Re: finding them visually ---- There are 300 subvis.  What would the trad-DAQ ones look like? 

Thanks.
Margaret
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,194 Views)
If you go into \vi.lb\DAQ, you'll see a dll called lvdaq.dll. Rename it to something else, restart LabVIEW and open your program again. Any VIs that call traditional DAQ will be broken.
Message 5 of 8
(2,188 Views)
This may not be the ideal solution, but here you can find them and download them.  I imagine as long as you were careful (and didn't install them), you could find the names of all the VIs in that package, and use them for comparison.

Just saw Dennis' solution.  Something like that would never have occurred to me.  5 stars.

Message Edited by Novatron on 06-30-2006 03:04 PM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,187 Views)

Most of the traditional VIs start with AI or AO.  You can see them by looking in the NI Measurements section of the functions pallette (right next to the DAQmx stuff).  I tried to think of something (anything) that would be particular to the traditional VIs that you could search for but I'm coming up empty.  You may have to just fall back on the brute force method of opening every VI in your folder (or llb) and looking at the block diagrams.Smiley Sad

Hopefully one of the NI Guys will chime in with an insightful solution.Smiley Wink

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,181 Views)
Speaking of insightful....  Heeeeere's Dennis!Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,180 Views)