From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I export a counter from a task with multiple counters

Hi All,

I have a quadrature output VI that works 100%, outputting the frequency on the default pins (I'm using a NI-6284, so the default CTR0 and CTR1 pins are PFI12 and PFI13). During my development, I made a silly mistake and routed the encoder pins to PFI 12 and PFI14.

What I need is to move the signal from the PFI13 to PFI 14, which is supposed to be simple.

I've tried a few ways of doing it, including DAQmx dis/connect terminals (very clunky),  and DAQmx Export Signal which gives me trouble because there are two counters in the task and the function can only export 1 counter.

Please take a look at the attached VI and let me know what solution I should implement.

Best,

Adrian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,670 Views)

Hi ARL00000000000…

I have been doing some research into this and came into the following Knowledge Base article that explains sevral methods to  Internally Route Counter Signals in LabVIEW. I believe that's basically what you are trying to do so hopefully you might find it useful!

Regards!

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,595 Views)

Hi S,

Thanks for the reply. I also came to that page, which is helpful.

What I've ended up doing is using the counter property node to specify the output pin of the counter that I need to move, and left the other counter at the default.

I'm not sure if this is the best or most elegant solution, but I haven't had any problems with it as yet.

I was hoping to hear from the community what the safest and most elegant solution would be, as the "Export Signal" VI looks like quite a nice option, but may well be overkill for my purposes.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,574 Views)