LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I export a counter from a task with multiple counters

Hi All,

I have a quadrature output VI that works 100%, outputting the frequency on the default pins (I'm using a NI-6284, so the default CTR0 and CTR1 pins are PFI12 and PFI13). During my development, I made a silly mistake and routed the encoder pins to PFI 12 and PFI14.

What I need is to move the signal from the PFI13 to PFI 14, which is supposed to be simple.

I've tried a few ways of doing it, including DAQmx dis/connect terminals (very clunky),  and DAQmx Export Signal which gives me trouble because there are two counters in the task and the function can only export 1 counter.

Please take a look at the attached VI and let me know what solution I should implement.

Best,

Adrian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,673 Views)

Hi ARL00000000000…

I have been doing some research into this and came into the following Knowledge Base article that explains sevral methods to  Internally Route Counter Signals in LabVIEW. I believe that's basically what you are trying to do so hopefully you might find it useful!

Regards!

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,598 Views)

Hi S,

Thanks for the reply. I also came to that page, which is helpful.

What I've ended up doing is using the counter property node to specify the output pin of the counter that I need to move, and left the other counter at the default.

I'm not sure if this is the best or most elegant solution, but I haven't had any problems with it as yet.

I was hoping to hear from the community what the safest and most elegant solution would be, as the "Export Signal" VI looks like quite a nice option, but may well be overkill for my purposes.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,577 Views)