LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable the runtime menu?

Solved!
Go to solution
No matter what I try, I fine that on Labview 8.6, it REFUSES to disable the runtime menu. That is, when I turn it off so that being in Labview and doing Ctrl+M to go into "run mode" shows the desired effect, the problem I get is when I try to run an actual compiled EXE file. Even when Control M shows the changes (that is, the menu bar not displaying, just like I told it to), when I run the compiled EXE file it INSISTS on showing a menu bar. Help me PLEASE, make the menu bar go away in my compiled program.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,856 Views)
If you don't want to have a menu bar, hide it in VI Properties>Window Appearance>Customize.
Message 2 of 6
(3,849 Views)

I did that. I already changed the VI properties. Then when I go and do Ctrl+M, it works GREAT. But when I compile it and run the EXE file, it STILL shows the menu. It just IGNORED the VI properties settings.

Please help me fix that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,841 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ben321
I'm going to have to see some proof. I've never had a problem with hiding the menu and never heard of such a problem. An exe will be set to run when opened and you should be doing an exit when it completes so there is no way for the menu to be visible. If for some reason you changed the properties so that it does not run when opened, then of course you will see a menu bar but there is no real reason to do that.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,837 Views)
Thanks. I wanted it to not run, so could have it run when I pushed the run button. Then when it finsished running would enter the stopped state (but not exit the program) when it finished processing an image. Each time I push the run button it should bring up a dialog, then process the selected image file, then stop (but not exit) so I can run it again without having to execute the EXE file for each program run. But in the stopped state it ALWAYS shows the menu. How do I keep it from showing the menu bar when in the stopped state?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,826 Views)
In the stopped state, it will always show the menu. The correct way, in my opinion, is to write the app so that there are buttons/menu items that the user selects to initiate actions such as 'Start'. This can be easily done with the event structure. Using your example, when the image processing is done, the program is still running and a 'Start' event can be again selected. There would be a specific 'Exit' event.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,805 Views)