LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I determine which control in a cluster fired the <All elements> value change event?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all

I have a cluster (control) which looks like this:

channel.png

This is a single channel of data, consisting of a gauge with two needles (set point and actual), a separate numeric control linked to the gauge (fixed point data type), three combo boxes and a button. When the user interacts with any of  these items I generate a Modbus packet to retrieve / set the data. My current implementation uses events, one for every single control in the channel - and I have 5 channels. Is there a way of using the <All elements> setting in the event handler and then using the source node (or similar) to determine which control was actually clicked? I might then be able to use an array of clusters to simplify further. I am struggling to understand the source node.

Thanks for any help

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,612 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Radiator

Example_VI_BD.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 2 of 4
(3,043 Views)

As Jim showed, your best bet is to just do a comparison between "New Value" and "Old Value" and search for a FALSE.

The Source just tells you what caused the event to fire.  This gives you a distinction between ActiveX events, User Events, and actions the user performed on the GUI.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 4
(3,031 Views)

Thanks to you both, I'm glad it was simple.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,020 Views)