LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I deactivate the right mouse button in LabVIEW?

I have a VI which needs to be safe to use and a friend came to test it - all was well apart from when the VI was running, he hit the right mouse button and a menu appeared over buttons - I would prefer this VI not to do this. How can I de-activate the right mouse button on running VI's??? This occures in both versions 5 and 6.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,476 Views)
DeeJay,

This is probably best answered by some Windows/VC++/VB people. This is a system question. What you need to find out is what dll to call, and what function to call within that dll. I have, somewhere, a function that reads the mouse position (it's also on this site somewhere) and I am sure that the same dll (win32.dll???) is the one to call, but I don't know the function to call or how to set the function to disable the mouse.

Search for a Visual Basic users group, or just search MSDN for your question. If you find the answer, be sure to share it with us here.

Thanks, and good luck
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,476 Views)
In LV 6 goto VI Properties>>Window Appearance>>Custimize and uncheck the "Allow Run-Time Pop-up Menu" option. This won't allow the menu to appear on controls when they are right-clicked at run-time. You can do the same thing LV 5 but I don't remember exactly how the menu system is laid out.

Hope this is what you meant.

Brian
Message 3 of 4
(2,476 Views)
Okay, now I know what you meant.

Goto VI properties, and de select allow runtime popup menu.

Done
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,476 Views)