From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a virtual NI SCXI-1195 switch in MAX?

The NI SCXI-1195 switch is not listed as an available NI-DAQmx Simulated Device.  How can I create a NI Switch Executive Virtual Device using the SCXI-1195 Configuration?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,206 Views)
Hello VADrew. 

Thank you for posting to the NI Discussion Forums. 

There is a way to add the SCXI-1195 as a Simulated Device in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX).  First, you must simulate an SCXI chassis in the way that you usually simulate a device in MAX.  Next, you will need to choose your simulated modules, of which one choice is the SCXI-1195.  After some other basic configuration such as selecting the 'Communicating SCXI Module Slot', you will be able to run the Switch Soft Front Panel on the simulated device by launching the test panels for the SCXI-1195.  You will also be able to create Switch Virtual Devices by right clicking on 'NI Switch Executive Virtual Device' and choosing 'Create New NI Switch Exec Virtual Device'.

Let me know if this completely answers your question.  If you have any other questions, I would be happy to help!

Brian F
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,196 Views)