LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a .llb file that holds all the subVIs used in a VI?

Hi

I wish to create a .llb file that holds all the subVIs(~200) used in my main VI.

When I open my main VI, and look into the 'show VI hierarchy' I see a lot of subVIs, so to copy all these subVIs into the library file is going to be really time consuming. I am hoping there is an option in Labview by which I could automatically put all these subVIs into one library file?

Thank you
Gautham Radhakrishnan
Dept. Of Physics
University of Toronto
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,050 Views)
In your toplevel VI, go to "File..save with options".

Now select "Development distribution", press save, and give it a name for the llb.
Message 2 of 11
(3,050 Views)
Hi,
I tried out your suggestion. However, as i go into Labview and press the 'File' option, I only have 'Save' and 'Save As'. Is this probelm due to the fact that I might not have installed some components?? I have the full 12-CD Labview kit. So if this in-fact is due the above mentioned problem, can you please tell me which component to install?

Thank you

Gautham Radhakrishnan
Dept. of Physics
University of Toronto
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,050 Views)
It sounds like you have the abridged menus turned on. On the bottom of the file menu do you see a a couple of arrows pointing down? Select that to view the entire menu or turn it off from Tools>Options>Miscellaneous.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,050 Views)
Go to "tools...options" and uncheck "use abridged menus" (upper right corner on the first screen).
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,050 Views)
Hi,

Thank you, Thankyou so very much!! I clicked on the arrows and the option 'Save with Options' appeared. I eventually found out what I was looking for in 'Developement Distribution' .

so Thank You once again for helping me out .

Gautham Radhakrishnan
University of Toronto
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,050 Views)
Hi

i have the same problem,but as per the previous suggestions ,tools>>options>>  ,i cant see the  "use abridged menus". pls help

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,771 Views)

What version you are using?

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,768 Views)
Hi mathan

Thanks
0 Kudos