From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I configure an omega reference junction (LXCJ) for temperature measurements?

I connected my thermocouple to a reference junction (http://www.omega.com/Temperature/pdf/LXCJ.pdf), which I then connected to the DAQ board. How do I configure the DAQ assistant settings to reflect this? I'm not sure if I should be using built-in, CJC constant, or channel; none of those seem to apply to the way I've connected the reference junction. Unfortunately omega did not provide a manual so I am unsure of whether I have connected the reference junction correctly.

In the CJC case, the output values are oscillating all over. Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,594 Views)

The DAQ Assitant should have an option to sleect a channel as your CJC, just make sure you wire your device to the correct channel.

Regards,

Glenn

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,577 Views)

Actually when I try to select channel, it wants a 'virtual' channel, not a 'physical' channel.

Also, the reference junction was designed to connect directly to the thermocouple, so it cannot sit on its own channel separate from the thermocouple...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,569 Views)

If the Refernce junction was designed as an extension of the thermocouple, try selecting built in.

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,556 Views)