LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I configure a table such that it takes data from a existing chart?

I am using a waveform chart to plot current from a power source vs. time.  I want to plot this data in a table consiting of several hundred points.  When I try this, I just get one set f coorinates that changes as the data is plotted.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(3,392 Views)

It is not exactly clear as to what you are doing, but I will speculate.  It sounds as though you are adding datapoints to a waveform chart one at a time perhaps in a loop, and at the same time, writing the results to an array that you are showing on your front panel?  If this is the case, you will need to append to the array each time through the loop (or for each datapoint you acquire and chart) in order to pile up the same data in the array.  Use the Build Array.vi to add to your array as you go.  You will need to maintain the contents of your array from iteration to iteration using a shift register.

-cb

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(3,375 Views)
I am using a power source to produce a continuous stream of data that is going into a wavform chart.  I'm trying to put this data into a table, so that I can export it.  Any advice?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(3,374 Views)
If by export you mean write to a file, you may want to simply open the file at the beginning of your code, write to it continuously (each time you update the chart, also write one line of data to the file), and close the file when your code exits.  You could also do this with a button that turns on and off the data logging.  If you do need the data displayed on-screen in a table format you'll need to maintain an array in a shift register, and add elements to the array as you acquire data.  Be careful that your array doesn't grow infinitely, though.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(3,368 Views)

You got advice with the Build Array and Shigt Register. If you don't understand what those are, say so. Don't just ask for help again because the advice you got is probably the advice you will be given again. Post your code so someone can see what you are actually doing.

p.s. You certainly don't need a table to export the data.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(3,367 Views)
Today i my first time ever using labview.  where do i get the code?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(3,363 Views)

You can't do anything with that VI. You don't have a loop around the code so it will only execute once unless you use the run continuous button. DO NOT USE THAT! That is for special debug purposes only.

Put a while loop around your code. Try that and post back if you get stuck.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(3,338 Views)

NAL101 wrote:
Today i my first time ever using labview.  where do i get the code?

Then I would recommend you learn more about LabVIEW from here. How to Learn LV

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(3,327 Views)
This is the most recent version of my project.  At this point, I have my table streaming data as I want it to.  Now I'm trying to figure out how to export the data contained in the table as a text file.  I've been reading the "help" content on writing to text files, but I'm quite confused.  How do I do it?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(3,276 Views)