LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I concatenate 2 HWS files or 2 WDT waveforms?

In SignalExpress, I would like the generated data AND the acquired data in the same HWS file.  I tried to do 2 'Save to HWS' steps, the first with the outputs, the second with the inputs. SignalExpress will not allow me to do this since it cannot write to a file that's already opened.

I thought LabVIEW could help me. I would like to take the WDT from the generate file and the WDT resulting from the acquire process and combine them before saving them. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,828 Views)
You can only combine samples within a single HWS file. HWS does not support the concatenation of signals in a digital waveform datatype.

It is easy in LabVIEW to do this before saving your data to HWS.  There is a built in digital waveform datatype VI called "Append Digital Signals.vi". This VI takes two waveforms as input, and concatenates the signals together into a new waveform. For instance, if waveform A had 4 signals and 1000 samples, and waveform B had 12 signals with 1000 samples, the resulting waveform will be 16 signals with 1000 samples.  I think this is what you are looking for.

To find this VI in the palettes, go to the Waveforms palette, then click the Digital Waveform palette. The VI will be in the Digital Waveform palette.
Message 2 of 3
(2,819 Views)
Thnak you for your quick and very helpful reply!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,802 Views)