LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the scroll on the block diagram?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to find a way to scroll from side to side with the mouse when programming in the block diagram.  I found that if I hold down control and scroll with the mouse wheel while over a case statement it will cycle through the cases.  Scrolling with the mouse wheel with no buttons pressed will allow me to scroll vertically, but how do I scroll horizontally?  Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,992 Views)
If you put the mouse over the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the window and scroll it will move horizontally.
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 2 of 6
(2,991 Views)
Thank you.  Is there a way to do it without going down to the scroll bar?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,988 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 5thGen

If there is then I don't know it.  I have a mouse with a scroll wheel that clicks left and right, but it doens't work within LabVIEW.

I just found that if you hold ctrl and shift and click and drag on a blank spot you can drag the block diagram around.  That's kinda scrollin

Message Edited by elset191 on 06-04-2009 12:18 PM
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 4 of 6
(2,985 Views)

There's a way to do it without the scroll bar, if you're willing to do it without the mouse wheel.  Holding the Ctrl and Shift keys down switches to the Scrolling (hand) tool and you can drag your BD/FP around.  I use it ALL THE TIME.

Sorry...  I didn't read all the posts.

Message Edited by jcarmody on 06-05-2009 05:09 AM
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,949 Views)
Thanks for the tip on how to grab the screen.  That is exactly what I was looking for! Productivity is instantly up 25%.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,929 Views)