LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the number of plot areas in a Mixed Signal Graph

How do I *programatically* change the number of plot areas in a Mixed  Signal Graph?  I recognize that the developer can choose to add or  remove a plot area during edit mode but I want to select between 2 or 3 visible plot areas and scale the plot areas appropriately.  Is there a property that tells me how many plot areas (or yscales) there are?  I also need a property that I can write to as to set the number of plot areas available.

Aside from manually making too many plot areas and then hiding the unneeded plot areas how can I do this?

Jonathan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,553 Views)
Hello,

I don't think that is possible - I searched the property and invoke nodes but didn't find something to do that.  This would make a great product suggestion though, which you can submit (it goes directly to R&D) by clicking the word feedback in the bottom left corner of the Contact NI page linked below:

Contact NI:

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,546 Views)
Is it still impossible to add a plot programatically?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,331 Views)
There is currently not an option to add a plot programmatically. This would be a great product suggestion.  However, there is a property node to control the visibility of the plot.  Instead of adding a plot, you do have an option to make it visible if it already exists and is hidden.  Depending on your application, this might be a good workaround.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,306 Views)

Hi MeghanM,

What is this property to control the visibility of the plot?

Thanks!

-Nic

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,106 Views)
There is Plot->Visibility, but that only controls the visibility of the trace in the plot area not the plot area itself.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,105 Views)

Hello,

is there a solution to add programmaticaly plot areas in a Mixed Signal Graph ? I have LV 2012, and I hoped it was possible, but at the moment I didn't find the right property node to invoke.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mathieu

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,816 Views)

is there a solution to add programmaticaly plot areas in a Mixed Signal Graph ?

I needed to do this recently, and was unable to find a way to do so.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,812 Views)

Dont we still have the option to create plots or plot areas dynamically for MSG? Even in LV 14?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,686 Views)