From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the date/time of a dll created in LabVIEW without killing it

I use the LabVIEW (6.0.2 of course) Application builder to create a dll, and I cannot enter creation information, nor can I modify the date time property, which labVIEW does not properly set. I have tried to modify this information in Visual C++, but that destroys the dll because it wasn't compiled in VC++, and therefore isn't compatible.

If anyone knows how to correctly modify the date/time (and the checksum) without destroying the dll, I would be gratefull to know.

Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,482 Views)
Actually, what I need to do is change the version number and the copyright information, as well as the date/time of creation. LabVIEW sets this to version 1.0.0.0, and the copyright to Copyright (c) 2001

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,482 Views)
Dear Sir,

I was browsing through MSDN in trying to find the info you are looking for and I step into this next file:
"Peering Inside the PE: A Tour of the Win32 Portable Executable File Format"
Which you can locate in the msdn.microsoft.com page by going to the search box and typing that title. The first result is that document. Also you may want to check the "imagehlp" file of the msdn library. This documents provides information on the DLL standard and functions.

Good luck!...

Nestor Sanchez
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,482 Views)