LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the color of the small LED inside a Push Button

One of my colleagues managed to accidentally change the color of the LED inside the Push Button. He didn’t know how he did it and we couldn’t figure out how to change it back. It’s easy enough to replace the Push Button with a fresh copy from the Buttons & Switches pallet but I would like to know how to control this parameter. Does anyone know how to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,457 Views)
Just use the coloring tool from the tools palette. 🙂
Message 2 of 9
(4,452 Views)
If you want to change the color inside the program, you can use the color field in the properties for the switch. It's also possible to set different default colors for on and off using the color palette.
Robot Happy

Paul Bade
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,446 Views)

The tools palette allows me to change the Push Button LED statically. Unfortunately, the color property does not change the color of the LED in the Push Button, just the colors of the button itself. This is where I started before posting my first note. Does anyone know how to change the Push Button LED color programmatically?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,432 Views)

Hi Bob,

Could you help us help you?

Please post a VI with the troubling pushbutton so we can see the issue.

If you are talking about the LED shown in the attached jpg,

that color can NOT be changed at run-time. Use the Paintbrush.

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 10-14-2005 10:26 AM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,420 Views)

Ben,

Yup, that's the one. If it can't be changes at run-time, I can live with it. Just wanted to know how much control I had.

Thanks,

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,409 Views)

New to this forum and thank you for all of LabVIEW. 

Silver style pushbuttons contain an LED that's yellow by default -- two shades, a bright and a dim yellow resembling the button's Boolean state. OK!

Now, I can use the coloring tool as pointed out here, but it is only able to change 2 of the actually 4 colors that the pushbutton has assigned to its LED. 

I can set the switch False and use the coloring tool to assign the LED color for False. Similarly use operating tool to set True and assign the color for True using the coloring tool. Great! Rainbow unicorn LEDs!! Awesome!

But there is also a pushbutton state when I am using the operating tool to depress the button, and that stays yellow, because I can't get to it with the coloring tool, since letting go of the button with the operating tool ends that state before I can get to the coloring tool to change anything! 

So, I have nicely color coded buttons just like a real test panel, where items are color coded for ease of recognition -- but all the buttons flash yellow when they're being depressed (before they're released). How can I assign the correct color scheme to these other 2 states? 

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,554 Views)

You can change all four colors in the control editor.

coledit.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,543 Views)

Also you cannot programmatically change the color of bezels on classic controls.

BZ.png

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,524 Views)