From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Change the plot waveform colour on a Dynamic Data type Graph?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have multiple different plots on different graphs, and I want to set the colours of the different waveforms.

In order to display the waveforms on different graphs, I switched to Dynamic data type and then split the wire

according to how many channels I have.

I can set the graph background colour with a property node, and create cursors of different colours no problem

using the array of references that I have created, so there is nothing wrong with my array of references or the property node.

As soon as I try and wire a colour box into the Plot>Plot Colour control, I get error 1055 out of the property node.

I was wondering if it was an error between the keyboard and the chair, but now I am thinking it is someting more sinister.

The Error box pops up and can't be dismissed remaining the focus until I run TASKKILL on LabVIEW and terminate it.

Any ideas on how to achieve my goal would be appreciated.

(LabVIEW 8.6)

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,727 Views)
James, is it possible you can post your code?
Sheela Sujeeun

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,700 Views)

Hi Sheela,

Unfortunately the code is a bit big with lots of dependencies which is why I describe the problem in as much detail as possible. I managed to reproduce the error in a seperate debugging VI with no dependecies and just this portion of the code but I deleted the debugging VI before I thought ask the forum.

I am running on single core machine but this should make no difference.

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,694 Views)

James, 

Could you post a screenshot of the graphing portion of the code?  it will help me to replicate the issue.

Otherwise, what type of graph are you using?

Am I correct in thinking you have several plots on graph 1, and then a few more plots on graph 2 etc?

And that you wish to be able to set each plot on each graph to a separate colour?

Sheela Sujeeun

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,690 Views)

Hi Sheela,

It's 1 plot per graph, up to 4 graphs displayed on different tabs.

Here are some screenshots

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,687 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author James_W

My colleague has just recognised my problem and pointed me at the solution. It seems that I needed to wire in the "active plot" value from the loop each time and ensure that this takes place before the Plot colour update.

I have attached a picture of some working code. I intend to combine the whole lot back into one property node with the Active plot at the top so it executes first.

Thanks for taking an interest Sheela

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,677 Views)