From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did I do this?

Solved!
Go to solution

Colleagues,

Six months ago (before CoVID lock-down, when brain was functioning better), I created a "lean and mean" Front Panel with an Integer input, a String Input, and two Boolean Buttons.  I just tried to re-create it (and make some new ones), but cannot figure out what Palette I used.  It doesn't seem to be Modern, Classic, System, Silver, or NXG.  I was using (and still am) LabVIEW 2019.  

Control Palette Query.png

I'm not using the desktop PC, locked in my office at work (where I haven't been in about 5 months).  Is there another Control Palette that I might have downloaded from VIPM?  (This idea just popped into my head while composing this Post ...).

Bob "Old Dogs Forget New Tricks" Schor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,243 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Bob_Schor

Hi Bob,

for me these controls look like those from System palette:

(LV2011 on Win10)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,236 Views)

To elaborate in GredW's post.  If you're asking about the numeric control specifically, that came from the "System" palette --> Numeric --> System --> System Spin Control(!!?).  (Maybe all the other controls came from there, too?)  My guess is that Windows controls include numeric controls with and without incr/decr buttons.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,224 Views)

Son-of-a-gun -- it was the System Palette.  I could have sworn I checked them all!

I was just about to post my own response, which was nowhere near as useful (but technically correct).  I was going to preface it with a paraphrase of T.S. Eliot -- "Good Writers borrow, Great Writers steal" ...

Thanks to Subversion, I found a much older version of this code that included an unfamiliar Icon, which I deduced was the Prompt User Express VI (I dislike, and rarely use, Express VIs).  Seeing this in my code, I vaguely recall taking the VI apart and stealing borrowing pieces of the code (and the Controls) to make my own version.

Whew.  I'm not going (completely) crazy, just a bit tired of not working with my colleagues ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,216 Views)