cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did I do this?

Solved!
Go to solution

Colleagues,

Six months ago (before CoVID lock-down, when brain was functioning better), I created a "lean and mean" Front Panel with an Integer input, a String Input, and two Boolean Buttons.  I just tried to re-create it (and make some new ones), but cannot figure out what Palette I used.  It doesn't seem to be Modern, Classic, System, Silver, or NXG.  I was using (and still am) LabVIEW 2019.  

Control Palette Query.png

I'm not using the desktop PC, locked in my office at work (where I haven't been in about 5 months).  Is there another Control Palette that I might have downloaded from VIPM?  (This idea just popped into my head while composing this Post ...).

Bob "Old Dogs Forget New Tricks" Schor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,246 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bob_Schor

Hi Bob,

for me these controls look like those from System palette:

(LV2011 on Win10)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,239 Views)

To elaborate in GredW's post.  If you're asking about the numeric control specifically, that came from the "System" palette --> Numeric --> System --> System Spin Control(!!?).  (Maybe all the other controls came from there, too?)  My guess is that Windows controls include numeric controls with and without incr/decr buttons.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,227 Views)

Son-of-a-gun -- it was the System Palette.  I could have sworn I checked them all!

I was just about to post my own response, which was nowhere near as useful (but technically correct).  I was going to preface it with a paraphrase of T.S. Eliot -- "Good Writers borrow, Great Writers steal" ...

Thanks to Subversion, I found a much older version of this code that included an unfamiliar Icon, which I deduced was the Prompt User Express VI (I dislike, and rarely use, Express VIs).  Seeing this in my code, I vaguely recall taking the VI apart and stealing borrowing pieces of the code (and the Controls) to make my own version.

Whew.  I'm not going (completely) crazy, just a bit tired of not working with my colleagues ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,219 Views)