From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How connect Labview to SIEMENS plcsim

Hi! I need help to connecting Labview to SIEMENS plcsim. Please say how it`s possible

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(8,409 Views)

Do you know what protocol SIEMENS plcsim uses?   Without having the program, I don't know how everything connects.   But there are several different methods in LabVIEW to connect to PLCs.   Here is some information on how you can connect to actual PLCs:

Connect LabVIEW to Any PLC Using OPC

S7 PLC TCP/IP Protocol Reference Example

Connect LabVIEW to Any PLC

If SIEMENS plcsim simulates PLCs using any of these protocols, you might be able to connect to it just like you were working with an actual PLC.  As far as I know, there aren't any drivers or toolkits that specifically connect with SIEMENS plcsim.  

Best Regards,

Starla T. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(8,365 Views)

plcsim has a feature called s7prosim using which you can communicate  between plcsim and labview(in fact any 3rd party software).

it is basically set of COM objects.libraries. I believe ActiveX controls can be used for the same.

Here is a manual on how to use it:

http://cache.automation.siemens.com/dnl/jkxNzkzAAAA_21170043_HB/ProsimActive_e.pdf

But can anyone help with an example code for the same based on the chart given on pg1 of the manual?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(8,029 Views)

Hi

This is a sample but it's not working properly ... I can read the state but I can't read the output ...

The problem is the vData than I don't know how to set it.

I'd like to read the output and write the input for simulate the software of the PLC with labview.

I hope someone can help us with this ActiveX

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,550 Views)

HI:D

im also trying to conect labview to PLCsim.

Have you decided this problem? Could you send me working example of the code?

Thank you:D

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,897 Views)

I have the solution, e-mail me at yunierpm82@gmail.com. I just did it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,173 Views)

Hi yunierpm82,

Would post that solution to this forums so that others can use it as a reference if they have a similar problem?

Thanks,

ShaneK

Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,153 Views)

Hi 2Shanez:

In the link bellow you can find my solution. In the .zip you'll have some VIs i created to solve the problem and you can use to comunicate with PLCSIM..All this VIs form part of a complete solution i'm developing named SIMVIEW....i hope it could be usefull for all those who need to communicate with the SIMATIC PCSC7 PLC Simulator. If Somebody need help about connections, can write me to yunierpm82@gmail.com because i'm writting the SIMVIEW help yet.
Regards,

Regards,

Yunier

https://mega.nz/#!LUtgHQ7S!OGLiBiCouU4GdQ36xFyqTUfvwk3QW0K5z2dJqvOvKHA

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,121 Views)

For future ref, I recommend trying the inbuilt ActiveX support (S7PROSIM) for communication with the S7PLCSIM.

See and download an example of read/write of real's (SGL) here: Re: Problem using PLCSim ActiveX Control in LabVIEW - Page 2 - NI Community

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,890 Views)