LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we communicate the TPC 2012maodule with cRIO module without using the Local software system

Hi everybody

Iam using TPC-2012 module with cRIO 9074 device.I made exe file and deployed into the harddisk of TPC. We are getting input/output values  on TPC only when the Software loaded system is on,if we switch off the system,we wont get the input/output on the TPC.all are connected through LAN connection.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,141 Views)
What is the software loaded system? Can you re-phrase your question; it's difficult to comprehend what you are asking over here?
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,138 Views)
S/w system means the sysem in which Labview 8.6 and tpc module software is installed
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,131 Views)
How are you communicating between the 2012 and the cRIO controller? Are you using TCP/IP or shared variables. If you are using shared variables, then you need to ensure that the shared variables are hosted on the controller and not on the PC itself.
Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,129 Views)
Iam communicating through shared variables only.I made a lvlib file under My computer in aTPC project.But when i tried to create a variable under the tpc target it is not possible.Can you explain me about the other method tcp/ip communication also
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,113 Views)

The best programming practice would be to create variables under the RT target (which means you are hosting the library on the RT target and not on the PC). You, then, just need to drag and drop the variables that you created into the TPC VIs block diagram.

If you are interested in TCP/IP, look up the examples in the Example Finder (Help -> Find Examples) or search on NIs website.

Also, be sure to go through the following article:

How Do I Install Support for Shared Variables on the TPC-2012?

and the following one:

Using the LabVIEW Shared Variable

Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,110 Views)

Hi Adnan

Thank you for the replied mail.As per the mail you sent I can able to communicate the TPC without the Computer system.

Thanks alot.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,095 Views)