From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i view a web published Vi from my iphone 4.0???

Hello,

I am able to see the web published VI from any computer using firefox or IE, but when i open safari on my iphone and enter the IP i get a little image with a question mark

does anyone knows how to solve this problem???

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,109 Views)

Hi Lituslitus,

Read this document to understand why its not running on your mobile phone.

Do LabVIEW Web UI Builder applications run on mobile devices running operating systems like the iOS or Android?

Currently, LabVIEW Web UI Builder applications are not supported on mobile devices like phones or tablets (with the exception of Windows tablets). However, several mobile platforms now support various mobile versions of Microsoft Silverlight (i.e. not the version required by LabVIEW Web UI Builder applications), so mobile support is likely in a future release

Thanks and Regards

Himanshu Goyal

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,107 Views)

Hi Himanshu,

I dont know if we are talking of the same labview feature. The article says that doesn´t work on Android os. and i am able to see the vi.html using a sansung galaxy. Also it said that should work on Mac with safari, and it has the same problem that the iphone had.

Using labview, i go to tools then to web publishing tools and then crete the web service using a VI

i call the html from any pc using http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8000/nameVI.html 

as i said before i tried IE, firefox on windows, and android and it worked fine

didn¨t work on mac 10.7 with safari and in Iphone.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,093 Views)

One unfortunate issue with the iPhone is that it doesn't allow applications that can execute interpreted code such as the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine, so it doesn't look like we can directly run that on the iPhone.  However, there are some pretty good links below that walk through how to actually be able to use a web services VI in conjunction with the iPhone.

Building Native iPhone Applications for Simple Data Monitoring

ni.com/smartphone

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,041 Views)

@Austin S wrote:

One unfortunate issue with the iPhone is that it doesn't allow applications that can execute interpreted code such as the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine, so it doesn't look like we can directly run that on the iPhone.  However, there are some pretty good links below that walk through how to actually be able to use a web services VI in conjunction with the iPhone.

Building Native iPhone Applications for Simple Data Monitoring

ni.com/smartphone

Thanks Austin S

but i was looking for a simpler solution!! it is just frustrating to see how people with android are able to monitor the VI by just enter the server IP address and name of the HTML with their phones and I can't with my iphone or ipad using safari

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,989 Views)

There is also a cross-platform communication toolkit with support for smartphones here:

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/210042

As mentioned, viewing a VIs front panel is still a challenge, but with tools like the one above you can at least access data published by VIs.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,982 Views)

Some people are working to make LabVIEW work with HTML5...

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Support-for-HTML5-and-SVG-in-Web-Publishing-Tool/idi-p...

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,975 Views)