From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i train OCR characters through labview

Solved!
Go to solution

As I told earlier, you need to create OCR file first to train your characters. Use " Vision Assistant" to create this file.

I created OCR file (*.abc) for given images. it reads only those characters (A,B,C,D,E,S,T,U,Z). For remaining characters, you have to create.

I recommend you to read VISION software user manual (before processing images)

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371007a.pdf

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(1,318 Views)

Dear Munna

Thank you very much for your time and your reply.

I hope that I understand you correctly.

I think because My English language is poor, I couldn't explain my problem correctly.

I know that I need to create OCR file(*.abc). I try to create an OCR file(*.abc) with attached training code. But as I've said before, I have the following problem in creating the file(*.abc): 

{{{{ When the image is called, and the system detects an area around each character that is marked in red (picture 1), I would choose an area around a character  that is marked in green, then i put the  actual amount of character in (CORRECT TEXT) and push ok button (picture 3,4). 

In this way, I see my teached character in (OCR RESULTS) and (TEACHED CHARACTERS)(picture 4). But after the way, the code cannot recognize red zone around the characters.( picture 5)}}}}

In fact, when I create my OCR file(*.abc) with this method, OCR cannot detect characters.

sincerely

Tandis

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(1,298 Views)

Thank you very much

My problem is solved

Sincerely

Tandis

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(1,281 Views)

Glad to know your problem is solved.

Sorry I was not able to explain you my code as I don't have NI Vision module in my current development. OCR Teaching code was developed in 2008 and I don't remember.

PBP
Labview 6.1 - 2019
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(1,265 Views)

Dear PBP

Thank you very much for everything. Your code is fantastic.

Best regards

Tandis

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(1,249 Views)