From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i give digital input to servo via only LabVIEW?

Hi,

I have a test rig that contains a servo motor and 2 photomultipliers. I use a NI DAQ card to give analog input to servo and to take output from photomultipliers. I have constructed VI programme. Everything works and i can perform my experiments. But, the servo rotates very slowly even if i stop it from LabVIEW VI interface. I think there is a noise due to my cabling between servo and DAQ card. This situation affects the experiment results. So, i want to cancel out the DAQ card in only motor control. I want to try to make a connection between PC and servo via RS232 and give digital input to servo with using only LabVIEW. At this time, i will still use the DAQ card to collect output from my photomultipliers. Is this solution possible and how can i control my servo using only LabVIEW? Thank you all.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,439 Views)

Read the manual for the servo controller and see what it says about how to communicate with it.  Often there is an interface, and very likely it uses ModBUS.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,415 Views)

I have to admit I do not really understand your question but... The servos I have worked with had a "trim" adjust on them that had to be set or you would see the exact behaviour you are seeing.

Send a "stop" command and adjust the trimmer until the servo remains stationary.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,400 Views)