From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i get the radial frequency and the fourie index after FFT?

Hi:

I have a 2D array of real,after FFT I get  a 2D array of complex.

the question is how can i get the  radial frequency and the fourie index from the complex number?  Mybe the question is so easy,  but i am so confused.  please help me!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,531 Views)

Hi:

2D array is (s,φ),  where s is a distance and φ a angle.

The sentence is like this

"through the continuous Fourier transform with respect to radial distance s and the Fourier

series with respect to azimuthal angle φ where w is the radial frequency and k is the Fourier
index."  
In fact it is a 2D FFT translate.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,518 Views)

ylongwu wrote:

2D array is (s,φ),  where s is a distance and φ a angle.

This is not very clear. Are you talking about the input array or the result array after FFT?

Can you attach a small example that containst your 2D array as a diagram constant?

If you are talking about the input array, Is it a 2D array of complex numbers?

Is it a 2xN 2D array where the first column is [s] and the second column is [φ]?

In any case, you can calculate df from dt and vice versa. The same applies for each dimension in the case of a 2D FFT.

Please claritfy what the problem is. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,508 Views)

Hi ,

"through the continuous Fourier transform with respect to radial distance s and the Fourier series with respect to azimuthal angle φ where w is the radial frequency and k is the Fourier index."

After 2D FFT, i should get the  radial frequency "w" and the fourie index"k".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,496 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,488 Views)

the transform is like this:

fft.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,482 Views)