LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i (de)activate a single option in an option field programmatically?

To deactivate a control in the front panel i can use the deactivate property node.
Can i also deactivate single options in an option field or in a menu this way?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,128 Views)

I'm pretty sure that by deactivate property node you are talking about the Disabled property node but I don't know what you mean by 'option field'.

For a pull down menu item, you can enable/disable it with the Set Menu Item Info function.

Message 2 of 9
(3,124 Views)
I believe you're referring to the Disabled property, as there is no deactivate property node. Also, I'm not sure what you're referring to in terms of "option field". You menioned a menu, however, so I'm assuming you're referring to disabling individual items in a menu. In that case use the Disabled Items property. Just feed it an array of the indices of the items you want to disable.
Message 3 of 9
(3,121 Views)
Hai,

It seems you can only deactivate the whole menu ring(Create 'visible' property node and wire a true constant to it and also in FP right click and select 'disabled' from 'advanced' ) and not a single item in it.

Thanks,
Mathan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,118 Views)

@Mathan wrote:
Hai,

It seems you can only deactivate the whole menu ring(Create 'visible' property node and wire a true constant to it and also in FP right click and select 'disabled' from 'advanced' ) and not a single item in it.

Really?

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 04-22-2008 09:16 AM
Message 5 of 9
(3,109 Views)
Mathan,
If you create a property node and select the "DisabledItems[]" property.  Then you can write to this property node an array of the indices of the items you want to disable.
Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,105 Views)
Yes, i meant the disabled property node.
In an option field you have several options with a round button in front of them.
You can click a button to select only one or one and more options.
It is mainly used, if only a few options for something can be choosen and you
want to have them all displayed on the screen together.
An example: Selection between male and female.
It seems, there is a difference, if you right click in the wire diagram on the
icon of the option field or if you right click in the front panel on an option
of the option field. In the second case you can create a disabled property node
for every item by its own, which is not possible in the first case.
So i found the solution out again by myself, but anyway thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,104 Views)
OK. You're talking about radio buttons. The radio button control is essentially a hybrid of a cluster and an enumeration. You can still disable individual items programmatically:

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 04-22-2008 09:30 AM
Message 8 of 9
(3,095 Views)

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,549 Views)