LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can from 2D image I make a 3D in labview

Hi !
I have to do a project on how from 2D image to 3d on LabView!
Thank you for your time in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,506 Views)

I did things like that and it was fun.

This thread where we talked about the LV software I wrote for a N-Scale model train layout...

Layout

may be helpful.

I had this image that was taken while part of the layout was hanging from the rafters in my garage and I was doing the wiring.

HangingLayout11

I used the pixel colors to define the point colors and added a manual control that I could use to define the elevation.

JPG_on_Surface

The edges were a bit wavy but since then LV has added a Cubic Hermite spline that would have worked better and helped with the edges.

Now if you want the color to define the Z-values of your triplets, you will have to come up with a method to convert the color to a magnitude. I favor splitting the color into three vectors, one for each of the RGB planes and then find the magnitude of the vector. Map that to the Z-Value for each point.

I hope you have as much fun as I did when I was doing that project!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,470 Views)

Hi niks_radev,

did Ben's great project satisfy your needs? What exactly are you trying to do?

Some other posts which you might find helpful:

Using the 3D Picture Control 'Create Height Field VI' to convert a 2D image into a 3D textured heigh...

Applying Different Textures to Faces of a Cube

Have fun with your project!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,418 Views)

Hi, Martiko 

Thats exactly what i need. The problem is that i can not understand why the Highmap image is mirrored. If you could explain that to me that would be great!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,358 Views)