From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can a PowerPoint presentation be shown inside the front panel of a given application ?

To open a presentation using the IE control:
1. Place an AX container on the front panel.
2. Right click it and select insert object.
3. Find the AX control. It will probably be called Microsoft Internet Explorer or something similar.
4. Find the terminal on the diagram, right click it and select Create>>Method>>Navigate.
5. Wire the path of the presentation into the URL input.
When you run it, you may get the message asking you what you want to do with the file.

You can also have the presentation by selecting create from file in the drop down box you have in window with the list of the AX controls and select the presentation. The container will automatically open the presentation.

(1,171 Views)
One last update:
I just tried, and a presentation with plenty of animation and video runs just fine in the IE AX control.

(1,008 Views)

Hello,

Can you please send me an example of that powerpoint vi?

Tahnk You

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(772 Views)

If you're asking me, I don't have any VI which does this and it's unlikely others in this old thread will notice your post.

You can follow the steps I posted in this thread to use the IE ActiveX object.

(759 Views)

I created a slideshow with JPG/JPEG images, I am going to post it here in case somebody needs it in the future

Snip.png

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(426 Views)