LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I write program in Labview for zbrain kit..??

Hello everybody

I need to write the program in Labview fro Zbrain kit. I need to write code for multiple analog input (through multiple channels) that results multiple digital output. I found one refrence code which has one analog input (one channel) and gives one digital output.

I also need to save data for channels. I have no idea how can I save data for channels.

I have attached here the base program. Please give me idea how can I understand this program so that I can complete following tasks:

1. Save data for one channel and later for multiple channels

2. Modify the number of channels from one channels to multiple channels.

Actually I have gone through the videos and text based content(basics in labview) but I am unable to write the code.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,446 Views)

Hi,

apparently te information I can retrieve from the Internet for free is rather sparse. The VI you posted contains VIs from the zbrain development kit and therefore I can't really see, what the program is doing. I suggest you have a look at the manual of the zbrain sdk manual to se what each of those VIs does. 

As for your application:

1. Could you please be a little more specific about, what you mean with "save one channel" do you want to acquire data and ten save it to file? If that's the case it really depends on the output format you want to get. I suggest you have a look at the labVIEw examples for File IO under "Help >> Finde Examples" and then: Fundamentals >> File Input and Output.

2. The manual suggests- though I have no way of testing- that the Data acquisition VIs (the green ones) are polymorpic. This means, that instead of passing one channel name, you can simply pass an array of channel names and all the channel names in the array will be used.

In addition to that, I suggest you go by the context help, look at the examples included and stay away from sequence structures.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Best regards,

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,407 Views)

Hi,

Attached is an example snipped with some more comments on how to acquire multiple channels on a ZBrain platform that is based on an Analog Devices Blackfin processor. Just drag and drop it into your LabVIEW diagram. More examples can be found here: http://wiki.schmid-engineering.ch/zsystem/doku.php?id=example_zmc_adc-dma_continous. The idea behind dynamic data acquisition on a microprocessor is simple: you define the channels (up to 6x) , sampling frequency (up to 250kHz)  and block sizes (up to 65'000) and start the acquisition. The underlying driver model samples in the data in parallel and the LabVIEW program gets this data. While e.g. processing the data, the underlying driver model continues sampling new data.

I hope this helped.

Marco Schmid

Schmid Engineering

Message 3 of 3
(2,382 Views)