From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use a accelerometer, on a cRio 9012 with the NI 9233 module?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to set-up a vibrations system using a wilcoxon research 797-33 accelerometer. Is there some setting you have to turn on to have them power them on the NI target?

I have used the getting started with the 9233 example as the base. However it will only read 0, while the vi is running

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,392 Views)

It looks like that accelerometer requires some external power.  How do you have it configured?

Peter C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,364 Views)

I have the accelerometer running straight into the cRio in module 1 slot at analog input 0.

According to the specs of the NI 9233, it should provide the excitation source to the accelerometer. However is there a setting that I need to turn on to make that work?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,358 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fulmetalal

The 9233 module power is always on.  Its successor, the 9234 has options to turn power off, and by default the 9234 power is off.  So with the 9233, the power is always on. 

You might look at the LabVIEW\examples\compactRIO\module specific\NI 9233 examples for some ideas on coding. 

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,353 Views)