From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use Remote Panel Server with a 4G mobile broadband?

I'm trying to setup Remote Panel Server with 4G mobile broadband so I can acquire data from locations that do not have wifi. So far I've tried to do this with AT&T wifi-hotspots, but I cannot figure out how to do Port forwarding.

Do you have any recommendations for a wireless internet providers, or technique that I may have overlooked?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,372 Views)

This question is still relevant to this day. 
Do you by any chance have any updates on what the solution to your problem was?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,196 Views)

I've never done this, but it sounds like a huge security risk unless you are behind a firewall or VPN tunnel into the network to be used.  Like instead of trying to remote into the remote device, remote into a PC on the same network, using something like TeamViewer, and then from that PC view the local remote panel.  I'm not saying you can't do something like put a single computer into the DMZ on the modem, or open a huge range of ports, but then getting to find its public IP address might be a pain (since it will likely change with every connection).  In most cases I'd suggest avoiding opening up a device to the whole internet without restrictions.

If you are running a Linux RT embedded device there is likely some remote tunneling SSH software you could install to try to accomplish this too.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,187 Views)

@RaulPerez wrote:

This question is still relevant to this day. 
Do you by any chance have any updates on what the solution to your problem was?

This is not really a LabVIEW question.

The OP and "corpse reviver" Raul need to contact the manufacturer of their routers to find out how to setup port forwarding because every router is different to some extent.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,181 Views)