From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I solve the "We Apologize..." Message ?

Hello,

Always the firt time I run my VI, and the program executes the "Plotting signals" Loop I have the message in attach. Then I Close the project and Re-open again and recover the files. I execute the VI and this time the problem not appear.

We Apologize

Here you can see the "Plotting Loop" the upper loop. When I delete the Chart the problem not appear. Some times the problem appear, some times not.

Plotting Loop.png

Im using Labview 2012 Sp1 f2, Win7 SP1.

All the best

Does It Help? Plus Kudos 😜

All the Best

Gabriel de Oliveira
Software Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,312 Views)

Gabriel,

you should post the complete code. There are several things we dont see in your screenshots leading to open questions. For example:

Where is the stop button located? Which code adresses it?

Additionally, using variables (locals in your screenshots) can induce issues (not saying they are in your situation!). Another thing are subVIs which are not included in LV directly, like e.g. your Create Task. For the waveform function, i am also not sure....

In general, the LV crash report is created in a described situation because most likely the OS is shutting down the task LabVIEW.exe. The reason could be an access violation as listed in your screenshot. This could indicate improper usage of a DLL or driver functions.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 9
(3,283 Views)

Please post your code if you can.  These type of crashes are very hard to track down, and it looks like it is reproducable in a small application where nothing obviously wrong is being done.  There are several posts on NI's forums around this Access Violation Error, and not all of them have been solved.  I have seen this on rare occasions but so far only in the development environment.

Message 3 of 9
(3,271 Views)

Thanks for replay.

Here is the "Main" VI ( Principal in Portuguese).

The file is big, It will warm about miss dependency files.

It is my first complete system using Labview. I'm using config files, data base, OPC, USD Aquisition, Reporting files, queues, Arrays Signal analises...

Sorry about some bad programing practices.

If you need some addicional subVI you can ask..

Sorry about all comments in VI are in Portuguese.

All the best

All the Best

Gabriel de Oliveira
Software Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,256 Views)

@Gabriel_Oliveira wrote:

Here you can see the "Plotting Loop" the upper loop. When I delete the Chart the problem not appear. Some times the problem appear, some times not.

I could not find any charts in your program. do you mean the graph named "eddy currents"?

Message 5 of 9
(3,245 Views)

Sorry its graph and not chart!

It's it. (eddy currents)

All the best

All the Best

Gabriel de Oliveira
Software Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,239 Views)

Gabriel,

since subVIs are missing, we cannot try to reproduce the crash.

Looking into individual loops, the code looks not too bad. But having all loops on a single block diagram bloats it to unmanagable code. Please reduce the size of the block diagram by using custom written subVIs.

Additionally, your code heavily abuses local variables which *could* induce any kind of issues, including crashes. So please try to reduce those to less than 5% of what you are using right now, ideally to 0%.

Another thing i am seeing is that you are using front panel element data binding. Are you sure that this is working properly? Are all shared variables you hook to are present and working?

hope this helps,

Norbert

PS: A single VI with more than 1-2MB either has misplaced default values or is simply too large. OK, for top level VIs, this might be a tough rule, but my experience is very well regarding trying to make VIs as small and focused as possible.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 9
(3,195 Views)

Norbert,

The front panel element data binding was the fast way I found to link Shared Variables to my app. What is the better way to do it?

All the best.

All the Best

Gabriel de Oliveira
Software Developer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,150 Views)

Gabriel,

a crash of LV is always an unexpected result. This should not happen.

With my questions, i want to point you in direction you should check and test. So, it is not essentially the question "How can replace code you are using with some other stuff" but it is "what is the code which is causing this unexpecting behavior"?

That being said, access violations are usually generated by interfacing to external components. Classic components (somehow pre-destinated) for this are DLLs. But i encountered also TCP issues, .NET and other interfaces to eventually cause this. So pllease try to break things down until you identify the source.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
Message 9 of 9
(3,127 Views)