LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I show a value according to the position of the mouse arrow ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I am changing the color of the background of some indicators according to temperature measures. Each background is linked to one temperature. I would like to show the value of a temperature when passing the arrow of my mouse over the indicator. I don't want to over charge the Front Diagram with all of the temperatures.

Is this possible? The temperature could appear in a unique and fixed indicator, or linked to the arrow,...

Any help would be great,

Thanks,

User

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,923 Views)

You can use the Mouse Move event to detect the movement and position of the mouse.  Use the position in whatever algorithm you have to determine the value to update the indicator with.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,914 Views)

I did something similar in the past. Attach your code and I can help you with this issue.

Dan07

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,905 Views)

Hi Ravens and Dan,

Thanks for your answers.

Ravens, I would rather not use the arrow position because I need to do this overs 100 indicator, and that would be a bit long. Added to that if I need to change the positions of the indicators (whch I will) that would mean to redefine the positions of the indicators....But perhaps your solution is the only possible?

Dan, I have taken out and simplified the piece of my program. Setting the value of the indicator to transparent except when the mouse is over the indicator could be an example of presentating the values but I still don't know how to this (without having to define the position of each box)

Thanks again

User

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,898 Views)
Save the file for Labview 8.5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,895 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,888 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author User_1979

Is this what you need?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,841 Views)

Hi Dan,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Regards,

User

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,756 Views)