LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set/view solid lines for the X and Y axes on the XY Graph panel?

Hi,

LabVIEW XY Graph has transparent lines for the X and Y axes - meaning there is no visible solid lines for the X or Y axes.

I would like to know if there is a way to view/set solid lines for the XY Graph axes in LabVIEW? 

Attached is an example to highlight the X and Y solid lines, in there you will see a solid blue line for the Y axes and a solid black line for the X axes. I'm wondering if I could do something similar for the XY Graph panel in LabVIEW.

Thank you

Regards,

Jega

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,552 Views)
do you just mean you want those dotted lines to be solid?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,535 Views)
I think he means that if the origin is not at the bottom left then the X and Y axis should be highlighted. The graph doesn't do this by default. I don't have 8.6 running right now, so I can't check if this has been added to 8.6. One way you can do this is to simply add 2 plots to the XY graph. One plot is a line that spans the X axis and the other is a plot that spans the Y axis. For example:
Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 04-13-2009 10:28 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,526 Views)

That's correct. I would like to have a solid lines visible for the X and Y axes.

But wont adding two additional plots take up the plot legend space?

I need the legend to show actual plots though. 

Thanks.

Jega

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,508 Views)

Yes, they will, but you can add the plots at the "bottom" rather than at the "top", as my example did, and simply set the size of the legend to not show the last two plots. If you know the number of plots then you can set the size on the front panel directly. If you don't know the number of plots ahead of time, then you can set the legend size programmatically using the Legend.Plots Shown property.

P.S. I just checked in 8.6 and I don't see a way of automatically highlighting the X/Y zero axes.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,501 Views)