From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set a build specificaiton's target filename and destination directory programmatically?

Solved!
Go to solution

Oh no! There's a bug in "Make Tag Data" that was included in my .zip folder attached a few posts back. Here's the fixed version.

Message 21 of 23
(957 Views)

I want to set the desitination directory with specified path instead of using default one assigned by LV. I saw you had same question. After read through, I still don't know how to do it. Do I need to write another sub.vi like "LVserver for rename & build.vi" which was in the solution? Your help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(504 Views)

Given that programattic build actions have appeared since this post with pre-build and post build VIs,

I suspect that you can probably change it using a pre-build VI to change the specification.

(If not you are going to have to hack the LVROJ = XML file) programmatically and that will be version specific.)

The files uploaded here sould alllow you to do what you are trying to do, but bear in mind that there have been 5 releases of LabVIEW since we played with this last, so things might have moved! you may need to experiment as this is not something most people try to do.

(Alternatively use the Post Build VI to move the generated files after build to your desired folder!)

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(490 Views)