LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I send text file to printer port?

I dont sent bat file because reply massege board does not accept .bat file to attach.  But I create plot.plt file then Copy to lpt2  like your suggestion.  It  worked:)  Do you know  otherway to do samething with labview icons without sys exec. icon and batch file..  Do you think doing with code interface node(c++ code) to be success?
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 35
(1,619 Views)
If it works with the System Exec, why do you want to use a CIN?? Do you think that a c program instructing the OS to do a file copy is going to be faster? It won't be. The system exec function is the only LabVIEW "icon" you can use to run DOS commands.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 04-07-2007 05:54 PM

Message 32 of 35
(1,609 Views)
Because I don't want to use ms-dos command and ms-dos window. I want to communicate with computer to printer by labview. 

Do u think may  CIN or TCP icons or Application  control .vi help to do with labview?

I try to read characters in the file then send to  printer port but I haven^t succeed yet.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 35
(1,598 Views)
I suceed it with tcp\ip icons.When I enter printer ip number, I sent data to printer.   Do you have any idea to send data with VISA icon or CIN?  I have learned more new thing about labview. Thanks men
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 35
(1,586 Views)

Very good for print txt file.

Thanks.

Bill Shu

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 35
(739 Views)