LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I retrive the current Agilent 34970A configuration

I would like to build a vi that scans the channels of a 34970A and produce a list of the settings for each of the channels that are enabled. I have the drivers and have no problem configuring the channels form Labview, but for the life of me I can't seem figure how to get the information back from the instrument.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,575 Views)
From page 213 of the manual, the command is CONFigure? [(@)]. It will returns the present configuration of the specified channels or if ch_list is omitted, returns the configuration of the active scan list. The information comes back as comma separated fields and has for each channel function, range, and resolution.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,575 Views)
Thanks Dennis for your earlier help. Could you help me with another problem, what is the command to change the state of the triggering system back to an idle state. I want to be able to upload new gains and offset values to channels but cannot when the unit is in the wait-for-trigger state.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,575 Views)
I really don't using the triggering system. All I know is from page 228, the trigger command is TRIGGER:SOURCE (BUS|IMMEDIATE|EXTERNAL|ALARM{1|2|3|4}|TIMER}. If you don't have it, the manual is available at http://www.tm.agilent.com/classes/MasterServlet?view=manual&man-ItemID=1000000247&language=eng&locale=US.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,575 Views)