LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remoetly control via Web brower?

http://www.ni.com/webappdemos/tempcontroldemo.htm
This is a good example about remotely control,but how can I realize it?I am using LabVIEW 6i.
And can I use ComponentWorks to realize it?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,400 Views)
There was a recent posting on a similar topic you may find useful:
http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=135&HOID=506500000008000000C0660000&UCATEGORY_0=_49_%24_6_&UCATEGORY_S=0&USEARCHCONTEXT_TIER_0=0&USEARCHCONTEXT_TIER_S=0&USEARCHCONTEXT_QUESTION_0=web+control&USEARCHCONTEXT_QUESTION_S=0

The page you've references uses Remote Panels, this is a feature that was introdcued in LabVIEW 6.1 Using the remote panel feature would be the easiest and most efficient way that I can think of.

If using LabVIEW 6.1 is not possible you have a few options:
1. If you only need to monitor (not control in the sense of interact with or change the state of any control etc) then you can use the LabVIEW Web Browser.
2. For "control" in the link above there are references to using the LabVIEW Internet Toolkit and cgi scripting. You can use cgi scripting and process the response to action on an html page.
3. You could develop a controlling application that is in a web browser (using ActiveX or something of that nature)that is really just a proxy to a LabVIEW VI. Then you could based on the action on the browse page use the LabVIEW ActiveX interface to control a VI.
4. If it's a very simple control application, where you want to just be able to change the values of one or two controls you could write an application using VB and Tools for Visual Basic (ComponentWorks) that is really just a data interface. So you'll have a few controls that are just for data. Each of those could read and write to a DataSocket server. There would be corresponding controls and indicators on your LabVIEW application that are writing and reading the same data. So the user could change the control value in your ActiveX control that is embedded in the browser and the new data values would be passed via DataSocket to LabVIEW. DataSocket is not buffered so you need to be sure that's not an issue for your application.

Options 2 and 3 are both non-trivial. Actually with all of them you'll need to handle multiple users potentially accessing the page at the same time and so on and quequing their requests. The remote panels feature is what's used in the link you provided and takes care of queuing etc and is a very light weight protocol for controlling a VI, but it does require LabVIEW 6.1

Best of luck,
Kamran
An
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,400 Views)