LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I realize the function of the CAN communication between USB-8502 and USB-8473

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,all

I have two can cards, one is usb-8502, another is usb-8473.

Now I want to realize the can communication between these two cards. And the 8502 is a XNET card, 8473 is a common can card.

For the electrical connection part, I don`t know if i only need to connect CAN_HIGH to CAN_HIGH and CAN_LOW to CAN_LOW, Do i need to switch them(CAN_HIGH to CAN_LOW)? Besides, Do  I need two 120Ω resistance  to connect  both side?

For the software part, Is there any limitation between the different can communication ways as the 8502 use the XNET and the 8473 use the CAN?

As you know, I am quit new to the CAN communication. I hope you can help me.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,813 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author open28

Hi open,

@open28 wrote:

For the electrical connection part, I don`t know if i only need to connect CAN_HIGH to CAN_HIGH and CAN_LOW to CAN_LOW, Do i need to switch them(CAN_HIGH to CAN_LOW)? Besides, Do  I need two 120Ω resistance  to connect  both side?

This is explained in the manuals of both modules. And in almost all documentation on CAN bus…

(You connect CAN-H to CAN-H and CAN-L to CAN-L. Usage of termination resistors as documented!)

@open28 wrote:

For the software part, Is there any limitation between the different can communication ways as the 8502 use the XNET and the 8473 use the CAN?

CAN communication always is the same. The only difference between both modules is the driver you need to use…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,810 Views)