From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I read multiple tdms file to only a Excel file?

Hi,

I'm very new to NI instruments and software. I'm currently using NI USB 6008 and LABVIEW Signal Express to log some analogue data. I'm created multiple logs (1000 logs) from the LABVIEW Signal Express. It is very tidious to export every log to Excel, then cut and paste to create only 1 Excel file. Can I know is there anyway for me to read all the tdms file to only a Excel file easily? Thank you very much.

Regards 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,746 Views)

The easiest way I can think of to do this is to store all of the data in one TDMS file.  You may have to add an iteration number or a timestamp to each title before you save it.  Typically, I put a timestamp in the title so I know it won't get overwritten and I can always figure out when it was taken.

After you get it all in one file, it becomes trivial to convert it to Excel with the TDMS Excel plug-in.  Do you have that?

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,731 Views)

Hi Matt,

Thanks for replying. I understand what you mean. But how can I save all the data to a TDMS file? I'm really new to LABVIEW Signal Express. I already have the multiple log of data. Can you explain to me how can I save it to only a TDMS file? Thank you.

Regards 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,721 Views)

Hi Matt

The data is automatically saved to a TDMS file when you record the data. When you click 'Record' from the toolbar instead of 'Run' Signal express automatically starts logging the data as it runs.

You can set the file location for where to save the TDMS file by going to Tools>>Options and selecting the Logging tab. From here make sure the 'Default Storage directory' has the required file path set.

I hope this helps

Best Regards

Beejal S
NI UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,637 Views)