LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I read different language text using LabVIEW ?

Hello All,

My requirement is to read an excel file(Test.xls attached) having some words written in some other language(e.g. Japanese,Russian,Chinese,Portuguese).I am reading excel file using attached Test.vi.After reading the file,some the characters are repalced by ? mark.

Kindly suggest me  the how to read text fully.

Note I already installed langauge driver through Windo xp CD.

Kindly share your ideas...

Regards:

Vaibhav Kanchan
Sr. Engineer
NI Certified LabVIEW Developer(CLD)
NI Certified TestStand Developer(CTD}
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,767 Views)

Hi,

I am not able to run or view your code completely because of some license issue.However I suspect there can be two problems.

1. languages which are present in the excel have different code pages than the default language english. for viewing the characters of other languagess properly in labview you need to set the code page of your operating system to that language. That can be done from control panel - > Region and language.

Just for checking use the languages which are haivng same code page as english( like swedish, spanish) and check whether you are able to read correctly or not . If you are able to read correctly then the problem is that only( of different code page).

2. Check the functions of report generation toolkit which you have used whether they are able to read the multibyte characters or not.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,765 Views)

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I tried as you suggested,but the result is same.

Another issue is Excel file.It is having multiple column (one column per language).I can not do ay manual stuff e.g. selection of same code page.

Regards:

Vaibhav Kanchan
Sr. Engineer
NI Certified LabVIEW Developer(CLD)
NI Certified TestStand Developer(CTD}
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,757 Views)

For changing the code page of your system you need to change it through control panel --> region and language( for windows XP)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,747 Views)

LabVIEW does not fully support Unicode. This is a frquently asked question. You can sometimes get what you need by adding UseUnicode=True to you labview.ini file. 

I would suggest reading this: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-10153

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,739 Views)