LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I "expose" the LV webserver through a firewall?

I have an executable running behind a SonicWall firewall. I normally VPN into the computer to manage it remotely.  I would like to "post" a front panel image so that it can be seen by a web browser given the computers' IP.  The firewall and the computer have static IPs so they're "not moving".  Do I have to open ports (whatever that means) or establish some rules?
I have done this before over our LAN successfully but this is in the real world.

thanks for any recommendations
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,074 Views)
A typical firewall appliance does not allow WAN-LAN connection unless they are specifically allowed. Does your Sonicwall run NAT, or in other words, do you have private or public addresses on the LAN side?

If your LAN computers have public IP addresses, it is sufficient to create a firewall rule to allow incoming connection to your server on the desired port.

If your LAN computers have private IP addresses (NAT), you need to (1) forward the correct port and (2) create a firewall rule to allow incoming connection to your server on the desired port. In this case, outsiders would connect to the public IP of the sonicwall.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,067 Views)