LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I put C files gave me from Matlab Simulink Real Time Workshop in a CIN?

I'm doing a turbine simulation, and I've already done it in Matlab Simulink Real Time Workshop. It gave me files .c, and I want to use them to run the same simulation on a PCI 7030/6040 using LabView RT 5.1. I'm using the CINs. My problem is that I'm able to have .lsb files, but them don't work....I mean I have as output the same result 0(zero). What can I do for solving my problem?
Thanks in advance!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,459 Views)
National Instruments does not currently have a product to interface between Matlab Simulink Real-Time Workshop and LabVIEW Real-Time. NI is researching possible solutions. For now, if you need to call c code, you can interface a dll or CIN in your VI, but you need to remember that the RTOS on the real-time processor does not support the entire Windows API (although the most commonly used functions are included). In most cases, if your DLL or CIN works on a Windows machine it will work on the RTOS, but if your C code is making function calls that are not included in the Win32 subset that the RTOS has, then the code will fail.

LabWindows/CVI 6.0 makes it possible to create DLLs specifically intended for use in LabVIEW Real-Time. To do this, go to Target Settings. Unde
r Run-Time Support, there will be a new option for "LabVIEW Real-Time only". What will happen now is that when you build your DLL it will check that you are not using any unsupported functions. You can then take that DLL and call it from LabVIEW Real-Time.

Regards,
Dafna Livni
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,459 Views)