From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I programatically determine if a DAQ card is connected to an AMUX-64T from within Labview (V5.1.1)?

I am using a DAQPad 6070 and a menu driven LabView 5.1.1 application to obtain analog input data. The menu allows user to chose a straight 16 channel acquistion or a 64 channel acquisition using a AMUX-64T. I depend on the user to make the right choice. I would like Labview to programatically determine if an AMUX-64T is configured in MAX and make the choice automatically. But I can't figure out how to get at the MAX configuration from Labview to do this. Using LabVIEW 5.1.1 and NIDAQ 6.8.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,268 Views)
Hello;

By your description I don't know exactly what you need to accomplish, but I'm attaching a Labview example VI which transforms the MAX Virtual channel properties to a TXT file with the parameters of the virtual channel properties. So you can configure virtual channels in MAX and make Labview to read its properties and make the configuration you need programatically. That is the only way to configure MAX programatically.
Hope this helps.
Filipe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,268 Views)