LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I obtain the current status - deployed or undeployed - of a given shared variable library from inside an application?

Lately I´ve been developing an application in which I could make great usage of a given information : if a given shared variable library is deployed or not. How can I obtain such information from inside my application? I´m using LabVIEW 8.0.

Thanks  and Merry Christmas to you all !!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,672 Views)

Before deploy a library the service checks if it had already been deployed, so you don’t need to make sure if it is already done. But if you really need this information the shared variables are stored in Project Libraries once deployed it becomes a process in Shared Variable Engine, using the DSC Module you can check if a process (deployed library) exists and the run state. To do this you will use the following functions on DSC Module / Engine Control:

Get Process List.vi

Get Process Run State.vi

Get Shared Variable List.vi

The Get Process Run State.vi returns if a process with the specified name exists in the Shared Variable Engine. If the process exists in the Shared Variable Engine, this VI returns the run state of the process.

If the process exist in the Shared Variable Engine means that the library had already been deployed and all the Shared Variables have the same status of the process that it belongs.

You can see all this information in the Variable Manager software.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,647 Views)