LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make this look more like a pipe with water/gas flowing

Personally, I think all the extra coloration of fluid in pipes and so forth can be distracting.  I have settled on using

just valve coloration to get the functionality across

HPU HMI Main Pump.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(3,734 Views)

It's actually a built-in control, but NI doesn't put it on the palette.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(3,717 Views)

I used my object-creating-thingy

Message 13 of 21
(3,715 Views)

For the pipe animation you want, I would probably go with the pict ring approach.  This will allow you to show a static image when you have no flow and an animated image by periodically switching between about three images when you want to show flow (bonus, you can change direction by changing the order of animation).  Updates at about 10Hz should be sufficient, and should not bog down your machine.

Another option is to use an intensity graph for the pipe and update it with a 2D image as needed.  This will probably eat a lot more CPU than the pict ring approach.

You may be able to get the animation by dropping an animated GIF on your front panel, but it will not be as controllable.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(3,692 Views)

I've been working on the software and the actual system for a while now and if facilities ever gets power hooked up I will be ready to go. 

In the mean time I have attached a few images of my software as the program is 842KB and not too sure if I can load a program that large to the message board.  I plan to have one loop run all the graphics which is seen in Block Diagram 1.png and a second loop run the actual valves and monitor all the pressure sensors, thermocouples, etc through a cRio-9074.  The image Screen Shot 1.png is the screen that the operator will see for monitoring the system.

My question is, have I designed this correctly so that there won't be much lag in the computer operation or is there too much going on with the picture rings?  I could zip the actual software and try attaching it to the message board if anyone wants to see it.

Thanks for everyone's advice, this board has been a great help!

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(3,651 Views)

can i have an example of using animated pipes with heat motion

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(3,243 Views)

Hey here is an idea. It's silly but there is some things that are related to what you want to do.

Download and unzip the files

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-22556

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(3,223 Views)

this is awesome... could anybody tell me how to modify it so that it would look like moving in opposite direction?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(2,875 Views)

@khum wrote:

this is awesome... could anybody tell me how to modify it so that it would look like moving in opposite direction?

This is a long thread, so what do you mean by "it"? Which direction is "opposite"?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(2,856 Views)

HI. THANK YOU FOR YOUR NICE CODE .IF YOU HAVE LIKE THIS PLEASE SEND ME .

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,246 Views)