LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make this VI faster? I am working with NI 9217 and NI 9263 on a NI cDAQ-9178

What I want to do is simple, with a RTD (NI 9217) output a voltage that is proportional to the temperature (NI 9263).

I need to run this VI at a rate of at least 1ms, if I can do 0,1ms, even better. The thing is, that it runs every 500ms, even when I use a timed loop or a metronome and specify it to run at faster speeds.

It was even slower before, it ran at around on time per second. I managed to make it faster by adjusting the properties in the DAQ Assistant for the NI 9217, in Properties->RTD Set-up->Device->ACD Timming Mode->High Speed, but it is still not fast enough.

Here is a snapshot of the VI.

VI V4 Screenshot.PNG

I am admittedly a noob with LabView. I just picked it up 3 days ago. So the solution to the problem may actually be really simple, or at least I hope.

The "y = 0,4x - 10 formula" is to scale the temperature in °C to volts, in a range between 10 and -10.

I am using a 64bit computer with Windows 7 Enterprise.

Thank you in advanced.

Edit: RDT -> RTD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,690 Views)

Hi noob,

read the manual for your NI9217 module: it tells you all you need to know about possible sample rates…

And sample rates are your limiting factor here!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,686 Views)