From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make this VI faster? I am working with NI 9217 and NI 9263 on a NI cDAQ-9178

What I want to do is simple, with a RTD (NI 9217) output a voltage that is proportional to the temperature (NI 9263).

I need to run this VI at a rate of at least 1ms, if I can do 0,1ms, even better. The thing is, that it runs every 500ms, even when I use a timed loop or a metronome and specify it to run at faster speeds.

It was even slower before, it ran at around on time per second. I managed to make it faster by adjusting the properties in the DAQ Assistant for the NI 9217, in Properties->RTD Set-up->Device->ACD Timming Mode->High Speed, but it is still not fast enough.

Here is a snapshot of the VI.

VI V4 Screenshot.PNG

I am admittedly a noob with LabView. I just picked it up 3 days ago. So the solution to the problem may actually be really simple, or at least I hope.

The "y = 0,4x - 10 formula" is to scale the temperature in °C to volts, in a range between 10 and -10.

I am using a 64bit computer with Windows 7 Enterprise.

Thank you in advanced.

Edit: RDT -> RTD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,706 Views)

Hi noob,

read the manual for your NI9217 module: it tells you all you need to know about possible sample rates…

And sample rates are your limiting factor here!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,702 Views)