LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I made Latch Until Released on Real time?

Hello All,

Real time not supported Boolean mechanical Action Latch Until Released.

If Someone has a suggestion how I can made a button with this feautre on Real time, it will very helpful.
A Regard

Pedro

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,509 Views)

Hi Pedro,

make it a switch. When switch is TRUE then do whatever you want to do and reset the switch to FALSE using a local variable. (Or use the BooleanCrossing function to detect edges of the boolean signal.)

Why do you insist on latching behaviour of a switch on a target (probably) without an UI?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,505 Views)

Thank you so much for your help.

I did what you tould me but it does not work because the principal problem is the mechanical action. I need to hold true value when I hold pressing the button and when I am not pressing the button has to change to false.

A regard

Pedro

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,480 Views)

Hi Juan,

have you tried the "switch when pressed" mode?

Are we talking about a button on an UI - or do we talk about a real hardware button?

What kind of RT do you use?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,471 Views)

RealTime system means you do not have a GUI, at least not in a deployed system.  So options include using a mechanical switch with a digital input or making a GUI that runs on a Windows system and sends commands and data via an Ethernet connection.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,468 Views)

Hello GerdW,

I am using a switch pressd modue. I working with a button on an UI of Labview. 

I am using CompactRIo (CRIO 9035).

A regard

Pedro

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,466 Views)

Hello Crossrulz,

All the time, I am working on CompactRio because the button have to be working on CompactRIO. Then, The button I am uploading on CRIo and I want to change the value on the console that is connected on CompactRIo.

A regard 

Pedro

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,465 Views)

Hello Crossrulz,

I can not run a mechanical switch on Windows and sends the commands via an Ethernet because the button has to be running on the CompactRio because there is a screen connected on the CompactRIo where I can change the value of Button.

A regard

Pedro

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,463 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

RealTime system means you do not have a GUI, at least not in a deployed system.  

Did you forget about the Linux RT with HMI?  I love those little things and have a USB keyboard, mouse, and monitor hooked up all the time for controlling running tests without needing an industrial PC connected to it.

In these cases I do as Gerd mentions, make the boolean a switch, then reset it with a local variable when you want.  Then this same UI can be used as a remote front panel, a HMI connected to the cRIO/cDAQ, or with a web page in a browser on any phone tablet or PC on the same network.  In this case value change event structures can even work too, no need to poll controls on RT if the embedded UI is enabled.  If it isn't then it is back to polling buttons once in a while.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,412 Views)