LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I load vi to cvs

Hello, I'm trying to log a VI to my CVS but can't figured it out. i got VBai 2.6 and labview 7.1.
Can someone  help please me with this issue?

tanx.

Tchaou.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,254 Views)

@tchaou wrote:
Hello, I'm trying to log a VI to my CVS but can't figured it out. i got VBai 2.6 and labview 7.1.
Can someone  help please me with this issue?

tanx.

Tchaou.

Get TortoiseCVS! Works like a charm for me with the Windows Explorer shell integration. If Vbai, which I don't know, is to integrate it into LabVIEW I would forget it. The LabVIEW < 8.0 Source code control had a few troubles such as only supporting source code control systems it already knew about (CVS is not among them) and even for LabVIEW >= 8.0 the CVS version control paradigma does not play well with how LabVIEW wants to deal with version control.

If you need an integrated version control system using a similar but better system as CVS you should go with SubVersion but even then you need a third party interface (for example PushOk, which is not free) to bridge between the Visual Source Safe API LabVIEW 8.x wants to use and the SubVersion API (and of course this integration only works with LabVIEW Professional Development System).

Rolf Kalbermatter

Message Edited by rolfk on 01-23-2007 11:01 PM

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,236 Views)

LabView 7.1

TortoiseCVS 1.8.29 (I know, time to upgrade)

LVdiff 2.3

I am testing out Tortoise CVS with lvdiff to ease up development on a fairly large project (about 270 vi's) with multiple people. When using lvdiff though, I get an error message that the lvdiff.vi cannot be opened due to the fact that LabView 8 is newer than LabView 7. Is there any known issue about using lvdiff with previous LabView versions? Should I maybe use an old version of lvdiff?

Thanks for any tips on using version control with LabView!

Gudrun

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,206 Views)