LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I keep a real-time peak signal at the same value for a couple of ms

Hi

I'm working on a real-time mapping (3D) system and my readings are coming from a NI USB 6008 device. It can detect peak values (see picture) but I want a stabilization of these peak values so I need to stretch them a little bit so I can manipulate them better. In other words, is it possible that I can have the same amount of amplitude but for a longer period (ms)? Can you give me some advise.
Thank you very much.

Kind regards
Wim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,579 Views)

Wim,

I am not clear on what you want.  If you want the output of the USB-6008 to stay the same, then you need a peak hold circuit between the signal source and the analog input to the USB-6008.  If you want to change the data in your array, you need to specify how long to hold the value.

Looking at the peak at 62 in your image the data around it looks like:

60  0,52

61  0,51

62  1,6

63  0,52

64  0,52

65  0,51

66  0,51

Do you want something like this?

60  0,52

61  0,51

62  1,6

63  1,6

64  1,6

65  1,6

66  0,51

To do this, replace 3 elements after the peak with the peak value.

If this is not what you want, please try to explain more clearly, perhaps with a marked up image or numerical example like mine above.

Lynn 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,556 Views)

Hi Johnsold

This is exactly what I mean. Every sample that is above this 0.50 -0.55 should have some rectangular peaks if you know what I mean.
Thanks for the reply.

Kind regards
Wim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,552 Views)

Wim,

Please post what you have tried so far.  Save some data like that shown in your image as default in the VI before you post it.

It is hard to work from an image of the data! 

Lynn 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,539 Views)
Hi

I added a .txt and .vi file so you can see what I'm having so far.
Thank you.

Kind regards
Wim
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,531 Views)
Hi

Does anybody know how I can stretch my readings or hold my values longer? Could you please give me some tips, my deadline is next week.
Thanks

Wim
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,495 Views)